Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Anime Club forums of PETHS!
Please read and follow the Forums Rules.

+8
Rabbit_L
ShikiNeko
Firaga777
Warren
Nico
Kyouko_Nyanko
InuoeK
cccccccomeon
12 posters

I have always wanted to know...

cccccccomeon
    cccccccomeon

I have always wanted to know... Empty I have always wanted to know...

Post  cccccccomeon Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:39 pm

I realize that Anime and Manga are both super-popular and are related to each other but, which one do you think is better? ANIME or MANGA? I want opinions and support to back it up; I want to know what everyone thinks!

*Sorry, I asked a question that I forgot to answer. I`d say I prefer manga, because you`re able to take those images and imagine it any way you want; I make my own sound effects and interpret each scene in my own way, and I can read as fast or slow as I want. Anime is good, but everything`s planned: the music, the voice acting, it builds up to the atmosphere that they want you to feel. It stretches a 10-minute read into a half-hour show.

That`s just me*

Last edited by cccccccomeon on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

I have always wanted to know... Empty Re: I have always wanted to know...

Post  InuoeK Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Mixed opinions for both.

I find Anime good for a cinematic experience and manga good for a quiet morning read. However I lean towards one side when there's more fan service cyclops
    Kyouko_Nyanko
    Kyouko_Nyanko

Location : File Island and Death City. Can't forget Pallet Town :)

Post  Kyouko_Nyanko Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:46 pm

uhmm.

I would like to say I love them both equally but that wouldn't be answering the Q.

I like anime for like, just watching and being all emotional and it kinda just draws you in and out. If that even makes sense.

Manga usually goes deeper, and that's what I like about it. Anime's usually end before they can hit the deepness the manga can reach. so yeah Smile

LIKE in soul eater. THERES SO MANY MORE SOULxMAKA moments in the manga then the anime

BUT the anime brings it to moving life. WHICH I LOVE (*^▽^)人(^▽^*)
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Naturally, it depends on whether you like reading as opposed to watching TV, or which one came first; the Manga or the Anime.

For Manga, I don't read books much in the first place, so I don't read Manga either. For Anime, scenes with high amounts of action (i.e. combat scenes) are easier to understand, and it is not quite as labor-intensive (watching a screen as opposed to flipping pages, physically or virtually), but normally the Anime is adapted from the Manga, and is subject to waiting for new chapters to be released and director's interpretations. In short, I prefer watching if possible, but some things (like side-stories) can only be experienced from Manga.
    Warren
    Warren

Post  Warren Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:52 pm

In my personal opinion, i feel shounen should be expressed by anime because of it's "intense" fight scenes while shoujo can be a light easy read. Then again it all depends on the actual topic and execution itself.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Well, I tend to lean towards anime since I do like watching shows.
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShikiNeko Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm

That's a hard choice. I like them both equally but I prefer the original work. Which means it depends if the anime came first or the manga came first.

Anime: For the sake of animation, music, voice actings and sound effects. For instance, you have a fighting scenes. It's way better to follow the actual actions than going from a panel to the next.

Manga: For the arts, the advantage to read ahead of the story, it is the original work, there are more variety. The manga arts are usually superior compared to the anime's. They also give more information that the anime and don't have fillers.
    Rabbit_L
    Rabbit_L
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Rabbit_L Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Generally, the titles that I am really devoted are very often anime-based without manga so the there wouldn't be any filters and the timeline is really compact.
    I notice that manga-based animes are more crappy in quality in general :/ Sometimes it seems as the production just wants to get the job done rather than amuse themselves in the process, which is understandable because they have to rush weekly, while making sure that it won't be in lead of manga.
    I guess that's why the anime production of Death Note only started AFTER the manga finished for sure.
    Therefore, I am generally more fond of manga because it is often superior in quality; however some really well-made animes are just like, ergh, visual ecstasy.
    (The Animatrix serie: FFFFFFFFFFFYES)
    thepoint
    thepoint

Post  thepoint Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:11 pm

I definitely prefer manga over anime. I have a good argument for this, and I might be a tad over-the-top, but please bear with me.

I'm going to use Sailor Moon as an example because I grew up with it and didn't actually read the manga until a decade later... and I was astounded by how much the anime undermined the manga in so many ways. I agree that when you're watching an anime, the feelings are conveyed better through colour and music, and just the all-around action, but the manga always has a deeper story line and details that can't be fit into a 25-30 minute segment. (I still get chills from reading the manga.)

For Sailor Moon, for example, the anime had a lot of fillers that weren't necessary. The anime missed the point of Mamoru being powerful and how much Usagi and Mamoru loved each other, and Chibiusa stealing the limelight from Usagi during SuperS was NOT amusing. The anime completely butchered season SuperS. Also, there the Outer Scouts remained in season SuperS in the manga, and there was a lot more of Sailor Saturn whose just AH-SOME and STUFF! On the other hand, the anime was too drawn out and didn't get the details and complexity of the manga storyline. THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE SATURN A TRANSFORMING SEQUENCE! Sad

HOWEVER, if an anime is not based on a manga, then it's fine. Only animes based on mangas get a little skewed through the media translation. The types of animes I do like are the ones I'm not planning to read as a manga, like Nana and Lovely Complex (both VERY GOOD animes btw).

I hope I wasn't too frazzeled over this. ^_^
    hideyoshi_yuki
    hideyoshi_yuki

Post  hideyoshi_yuki Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:38 pm

I will always like manga more because:
    1. unless the anime is original, the art is different (like what thepoint has mentioned).
    2. manga is usally the original work so most of the time the staying-in-character concept is better. Very Happy
    3. most fillers don't make sense and are weird, leaving me like this ==> Shocked
    4. sometimes animes do not follow the plot of the manga and I would be confused. confused
    5. you can't control how much you watch, but you can control how much you read.
    6. animes sometimes end a season in a middle of nowhere (especially for shoujo animes) and do not normally continue, so I would be like affraid
    7. For subs, when watched in English, the meaning is kind of altered so I stare at it like Suspect
    8. For dubs, voice actors/actresses are not very good and all I can do is ==> Evil or Very Mad

For these reasons, I will always prefer manga over anime ^^
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:45 pm

hideyoshi_yuki wrote:
    8. For dubs, voice actors/actresses are not very good and all I can do is ==> Evil or Very Mad

For these reasons, I will always prefer manga over anime ^^

That's one of the reasons I prefer manga... but some animes manage to pull it off with good voice acting and fan service What a Face
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:44 pm

^^; to be honest, I like anime better.

I mean, I love manga's pacing and beauty and work, but both work-wise and engagement-wise, it's easier for me to follow an anime. Since anime has music and movement and colours, it appeals to me more. I mean, of course that doesn't mean I think manga is inferior... just, if I had to choose between reading a good manga and watching good anime, I'd pick anime.
    Maddy-sama
    Maddy-sama
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Maddy-sama Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:43 am

I know a lot of people like to say manga is so much better, because some animes really butcher the story, (since usually the manga's first) and the plot and details and how it's more free to decide for yourself.

But, like some others here, I actually perfer anime. I think it's just the fact that I like to see pretty images move around, or the fact that manga requires more brainpower for me to follow. I agree that this depends on the series. I still usually perfer the anime, no matter how much they change it. xD
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShikiNeko Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:52 am

Yep, like I said. None of them are superior to each other. It all depends on the person's choice. I like them both (like I said in my early post). Recently I have being watching anime after anime. I like the voice actors, Japanese voice actors are so good at it! A lot of the manga that I read don't have an anime version. So yeah! XD
    cccccccomeon
    cccccccomeon

Post  cccccccomeon Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 pm

I forgot about this thread but thanks for the input guys
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:04 pm

cccccccomeon wrote:I forgot about this thread but thanks for the input guys

LULS

that happened to me too

they should make a deviantart function. like (#messages) XD
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 pm

I check all the new posts as soon as I get the notification email Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm