Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Anime Club forums of PETHS!
Please read and follow the Forums Rules.

+7
MiNaa
ShikiNeko
MEKIseki
sirrequiem
Kyouko_Nyanko
Nico
Sora
11 posters

Animes you would recommend?

Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Animes you would recommend? Empty Animes you would recommend?

Post  Sora Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Come on, kiddies, name em and describe em. Smile I want to watch something.

But keep in mind... if the animation is ugly, or if character designs are less-than-aesthetically pleasing, I probably won't even glance at it :/ Sorry guys but I can't sit through 930509284935 episodes if the main characters aren't at least decent to look at.

For now, I recommend (highly) Eve no Jikan / Paprika(for robot and sci-fi lovers), Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (for fans of ouran), and Jigoku shoujo (for fans of light horror and good art Smile).

Last edited by Sora on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Animes you would recommend? Empty Re: Animes you would recommend?

Post  Nico Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:49 am

I'd recommend (for mecha nuts, obviously) Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and The 08th MS Team for it's realism (OMG THE GUNDAMS CAN BE SCRATCHED!!!), Gundam 00 (S1 and 2) for it's relatively higher quality animation when compared to the others, and Gundam SEED/DESTINY for the mecha design, as there are tons.
    Kyouko_Nyanko
    Kyouko_Nyanko

Location : File Island and Death City. Can't forget Pallet Town :)

Post  Kyouko_Nyanko Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Digimon anybody? Smile

No beastiality.
    sirrequiem
    sirrequiem
    GFX-Team
    GFX-Team

Post  sirrequiem Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Kyouko_Nyanko wrote:Digimon anybody? Smile

No beastiality.

yeah, no. LOL Razz

imo i'd say gurren lagann.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm

KARA NO KYOUKAIIII AND KATANAGATARI 8DDDD
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShikiNeko Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:39 pm

@MEKI: I always wanted to watch Katanagatari!!!!!!!!

I would recommend all of the Maeda Jun's work! Oh and Ef - a tale of memories (season 1) and Ef - a tale of melodies (season 2). ALSO for those who are into business, merchanting, economy and human/god relationship...Spice and Wolf is what I recommend you! It's one of my favorite anime all time~
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 pm

ShikiNeko wrote:@MEKI: I always wanted to watch Katanagatari!!!!!!!!
    IT'S FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. XDD
    and I have always had a deep appreciation for the composer of OST. 8D

ALSO, WATCH AOI BUNGAKU LOLOLOLOLOLL~~~
    and natsume yuujinchou has always been one of my favs 8D
    MiNaa
    MiNaa

Post  MiNaa Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

Sora wrote:Come on, kiddies, name em and describe em. Smile I want to watch something.

But keep in mind... if the animation is ugly, or if character designs are less-than-aesthetically pleasing, I probably won't even glance at it :/ Sorry guys but I can't sit through 930509284935 episodes if the main characters aren't at least decent to look at.

For now, I recommend (highly) Eve no Jikan / Paprika(for robot and sci-fi lovers), Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (for fans of ouran), and Jigoku shoujo (for fans of light horror and good art Smile).

I tried watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (drama version). I couldn't get hooked. Neutral Not sure if the anime version is any good. How long does it take for the girl to reveal her face? If forever, I can't be sure of when I'll make time for it. Though, I must say, Ouran is amazing. Razz
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Either one of the EF series and Angel Beats!
    I found EF a unique romance anime and Angel Beats is just awesome on all fronts Smile
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Describe them to me guys D: Please please please if I have to look up each and every one, I'd die...
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Kara no Kyoukai.
    just epic beautiful animation (battle scenesss) by Ufotable with a fantastic soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina. 8D It was written by Type-moon and is a supernatural thriller.
    Each "episode" is actually a movie. They vary in length, and maybe from 1 hour to 2. I wouldn't watch this with kids or your parents around. There's some graphic stuff.

Katanagatari
    Originally written by Nisio Isin (Bakamonogatari), Katanagatari revolves around the collection of twelve weapons that were created by a fictional swordsmith. The plot doesn't sound too promising, but the animation and art direction are beautiful. 8DD The OST is by Iwasaki Taku, so it's some gorgeous ear candy. It's a little obvious from the storytelling what they're trying to convey, but I like the character development.

Natsume Yuujinchou

It's about a boy and his cat. no.. xDDD well, yes. but it's beautiful. It's episodic so it's a light-hearted watch. Feels very complete. Just watch it. Do ittt....
    cccccccomeon
    cccccccomeon

Post  cccccccomeon Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:46 pm

POKEMON.

It's about a warped version of our current world, where animals are given superpowers which enables them to attack humans and take over the world but they can't because the humans in that world are able to 'tame' them and 'collect' them like figures or some sort of collection, but generally as a pet. The 'pocket monsters' in this world are basically animals with characteristics of many different animals in one creature, where they are fed strange foods, 'entered' into contests for trainers to look good which PETA is strongly against. A majority of these animals have their own evolution, they are able to breed with all sorts of Pokemon and they never ever die (in the anime) and are expected to be loving friends to their 'trainers' who are actually, to be bluntly honest, their slave drivers who force them to participate in battles, where these creatures are commanded to beat each other up using their individual powers, all for the sake of competition and entertainment of their 'trainer/master/slave driver

I have nothing against Pokemon I just like this summary
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShikiNeko Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 pm

cccccccomeon wrote:POKEMON.

It's about a warped version of our current world, where animals are given superpowers which enables them to attack humans and take over the world but they can't because the humans in that world are able to 'tame' them and 'collect' them like figures or some sort of collection, but generally as a pet. The 'pocket monsters' in this world are basically animals with characteristics of many different animals in one creature, where they are fed strange foods, 'entered' into contests for trainers to look good which PETA is strongly against. A majority of these animals have their own evolution, they are able to breed with all sorts of Pokemon and they never ever die (in the anime) and are expected to be loving friends to their 'trainers' who are actually, to be bluntly honest, their slave drivers who force them to participate in battles, where these creatures are commanded to beat each other up using their individual powers, all for the sake of competition and entertainment of their 'trainer/master/slave driver

ROFLMAO! I LOVE THIS SUMMARY!
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 am

I second that, let's all watch pokemon at the meetings now
    desrow
    desrow

Post  desrow Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 pm

damn...did you get this from urban dictionary or something 0_o even then I LIKE IT.

btw inuoek who is the girl in your sig?
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:34 pm

desrow wrote:
    damn...did you get this from urban dictionary or something 0_o even then I LIKE IT.

btw inuoek who is the girl in your sig?

Reisen Udongein Inaba (She's a Lunar Rabbit!!!1)

I also wouldn't mind watching K-on at meetings, and I'm sure we all know what K-on is Smile
    cccccccomeon
    cccccccomeon

Post  cccccccomeon Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks guys glad to know you all love Pokemon.

..is that something you'd find on urban dictionary?
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:30 pm

I learned the explicit meanings of the nintendo DS and Sony PSP from urbandictionary Very Happy
    Darkdays
    Darkdays

Post  Darkdays Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Shinryaku! Ika Musume - Comedy
    The sea in our world has been polluted. All sort of trash were thrown into the sea, making it unpleasant deep under the sea. One of the inhabitant of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea. Clueless about the surface, she seeks to invade humanity alone, trying to rule over the world, only to find herself slaving away at one of the nearest beach-houses for breaking a side of its wall. Lots of tentacle and topless action.

The World God Only Knows
    - Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, Harem, School life, Supernatural
    -Katsuragi Keima is known on the net as the god of getting the girls while in real life he’s known as otamegane and he hates all real girls. However he is approached by Elsee, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. And he’s not allowed to fail or he will lose his head.

To Aru Majutsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi, Supernatural, Fantasy, Action
    -Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Toma Kamijo's right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, but not his own bad luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum - all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - Comedy, Slice of Life, School life.
    -I applied here since it's a close walk from my house. But it's really full of girls, huh? Tsuda Takatoshi is a new student in the recently gender-integrated high school. He's asked to join the student council as the vice president. Thus begins his days as the only normal boy among 3 female student council officers...

Baka to test to Shoukanjuu - Comedy, Romance, School Life
    -The protagonist is a guy who is among the stupidest of the stupidest in the school. In this school your grades can, under the supervision of teachers, take a virtual form to do battle! However, if you leave an examination midway, you get zero marks. A bright and cute girl, Mizuki Himeji, had a high fever during her examination. Despite her potential to be the second highest scorer in the level, she obtained zero marks for having left due to her illness and is thus banished to the worst class, Class F.

These are the animes I recommend. They all came out recently or they are airing currently. I'm only naming the ones that I'm not sure everyone has heard of yet (AKA BLEACH/NARUTO/ONE PIECE). If you want a specific genre, by all means, ask. None of this are Ecchi/Adult/Mature etc etc
    sirrequiem
    sirrequiem
    GFX-Team
    GFX-Team

Post  sirrequiem Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Darkdays wrote:Shinryaku! Ika Musume - Comedy
    The sea in our world has been polluted. All sort of trash were thrown into the sea, making it unpleasant deep under the sea. One of the inhabitant of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea. Clueless about the surface, she seeks to invade humanity alone, trying to rule over the world, only to find herself slaving away at one of the nearest beach-houses for breaking a side of its wall. Lots of tentacle and topless action.

The World God Only Knows
    - Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, Harem, School life, Supernatural
    -Katsuragi Keima is known on the net as the god of getting the girls while in real life he’s known as otamegane and he hates all real girls. However he is approached by Elsee, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. And he’s not allowed to fail or he will lose his head.

To Aru Majutsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi, Supernatural, Fantasy, Action
    -Set in a city of scientifically advanced superhuman students, but in a world where magic is also real. Toma Kamijo's right hand, the Imagine Breaker, will negate all magic, psychic, or divine powers, but not his own bad luck. One day he finds a young girl hanging on his balcony railing. She turns out to be a nun from the Church of England, and her mind has been implanted with the Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum - all the magical texts the Church has removed from circulation.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - Comedy, Slice of Life, School life.
    -I applied here since it's a close walk from my house. But it's really full of girls, huh? Tsuda Takatoshi is a new student in the recently gender-integrated high school. He's asked to join the student council as the vice president. Thus begins his days as the only normal boy among 3 female student council officers...

Baka to test to Shoukanjuu - Comedy, Romance, School Life
    -The protagonist is a guy who is among the stupidest of the stupidest in the school. In this school your grades can, under the supervision of teachers, take a virtual form to do battle! However, if you leave an examination midway, you get zero marks. A bright and cute girl, Mizuki Himeji, had a high fever during her examination. Despite her potential to be the second highest scorer in the level, she obtained zero marks for having left due to her illness and is thus banished to the worst class, Class F.

These are the animes I recommend. They all came out recently or they are airing currently. I'm only naming the ones that I'm not sure everyone has heard of yet (AKA BLEACH/NARUTO/ONE PIECE). If you want a specific genre, by all means, ask. None of this are Ecchi/Adult/Mature etc etc

i second seitokai yakuindo. although i dropped it, i had my personal reasons but overall this is a good anime i'd suggest too for you

i read baka to test, and it seemed like a very good anime to watch. i also suggest to check that out too, its unique!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content