Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Anime Club forums of PETHS!
Please read and follow the Forums Rules.

+7
Maddy-sama
Warren
MEKIseki
Sora
hideyoshi_yuki
Nico
Firaga777
11 posters

Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion

Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion

Post  Nico Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Actually, that makes more sense than what I came up with (Time/Nature and Knowledge/Magick). Maybe it's Nature pairing with the unnatural (Magical), and that only leaves time and nature...
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion

Post  Firaga777 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah well, its more like how Time and Nature work together to maintain the Creation.

And then there are the opposing parties to maintain a natural balance:

Magic & Knowledge
    Nightmare & Dream
    Good & Evil

Well Magic and Knowledge are debatable...
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Firaga777 wrote:Yeah well, its more like how Time and Nature work together to maintain the Creation.

And then there are the opposing parties to maintain a natural balance:

Magic & Knowledge
    Nightmare & Dream
    Good & Evil

Well Magic and Knowledge are debatable...

Ah, I see.
    I was a little confused because I thought the counterparts would be the opposites to one another.

could I suggest the possibility of having the pairings as stated in my earlier post?...and have Time and Nature carry exceptional roles to keep the balance of creation to preserve cohesiveness?
    My logic is that it seems that most pairings are opposite forces (They don't naturally work together) but Time and Nature seem to work together well.
    Sorry, please feel free to disregard this, I have an intense OCD. Cool
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:20 pm

It might be like comparing Alchemy to physics; One is based more on principles beyond our understanding, while the other is hard facts gained from experience.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:21 pm

...AM I PHYSICS?
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Hmmmm....sure then.

I view Time as the 4rth-dimension Time which make up space along with Nature (3D).
    It seems you are viewing time as in aging and wisdom from it.
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 pm

I meant Magick and Knowledge as an analog to Alchemy versus real-world science.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 pm

@firaaaa & nico
    OHHHHHH I SEE.
    DX
    ah, then please disregard what I proposed earlier. sorry!
    I see what you mean now! I don't mean to be imposing. xD
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Now all that's left is to figure out how to get to earth... HOPE YOU ALL FIND ATMOSPHERIC RE-ENTRY PLEASANT.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 am

You maybe entering that way Shale, but Xena's got a different way....lols!
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 am

That's what MX-Drop crates are for.

MX-Dropcrate: Payload delivered sucessfully!
    Crate will now self destruct in three, tw-
    *BOOM*
    One,
    *BOOM*

Probably a one-time drop crate or something similar.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Wait the MX Corp. uses drop crates?
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:25 pm

That's what get fired out the 11-shaku linear catapult on the roof! Not that it matters; I was thinking to make a small 'shuttle' of sorts with the Maintenance Bay inside; That way I can swap equipment when necessary by going back to it.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Oh yeah that catapult....

Hey, did we take back the drop crate from those tribes when you tested the catapult for the first time?
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Mass-production FTW. The self-destructing feature was added one version too late.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Nico wrote:Mass-production FTW. The self-destructing feature was added one version too late.

Soo....it's still back there and they're still worshipping it?

That is odd...
    Maddy-sama
    Maddy-sama
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Maddy-sama Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:31 am

(SO SORRY FOR THE LATENESS. BUT I BRING TO YOU KNOWLEDGE. >D FOR IT IS POWER. POWERRRRRRRRRRRR.

but yeah, sorry. D:

I may edit this later. )

Name: Michiko
    Age Range: 19
    Height: 172cm

Appearance: Michiko looks like a young woman, with long dark brown hair. She's tall, slender and looks fairly mature. She wears a pair of glasses and is always carrying her book.

Belongings: A magical book that managed to survive the fire that burned down her house. It contains all the knowledge she has of the world and serves to be her weapon. She is never seen without it. (She sleeps and showers with it. 8D;; )

Personality: She is undoubtedly smart and has knowledge in a wide variety of subjects. If you were to ask Michiko a question, she will either know the answer, or she will find out. She has a love of knowing things, however, she only enjoys the pure knowledge of things, and has little ability in applying them into reality. She's rash, loves to jump into things with a simple plan using immediate knowledge without caring about the long term consequences. She loves her knowledge and is always found reading her book.
    She likes to be generally energetic but can be incredibly serious at times.

History: Michiko used to the daughter of a ridiculously rich family who were incredibly protective of her. Her mother and father refused to let her out of supervision in fear she would get harmed. Because of this, she has been enrolled in various self defense classes which caused her to be incredibly agile and athletic. She loved her family, however she longs to be able to go out, especially with all her energy. Her sanctuary is the large library in her house. Thanks to the library, she was able to spend her days reading and dreaming about the various adventures she could go on. She also had a fascination with learning new facts in an attempt to impress her parents so that the would give her more freedom.

Her childhood was mostly spent in classes and the library, however, by chance, she meets Micah and becomes good friends with him. He quickly became her best friend and she would occasionally sneak out of the house to hang out with him.

One day, while Michiko was at school, her family's house burns down along with all her family. The only thing left was a single book. A book that she found out could never be destroyed. All of a sudden, she found herself alone with only the book as her comfort and a reminder of her family. Unsure of what to do, she moved in with Micah and cried for days.

It was then she realized she could do all sorts of neat things with her book. She found out that the more she learns, the more things would be in the book, and the more she could do with it. In other words, her abilties directly correlate to the amount of knowledge she has. As she learns more, she becomes more powerful. The book has various abilities including ones that make her faster and more agile, ones that protect her from harms, as well as plenty of offensive tricks she's picked up. Such as whacking someone on the head with the book. (It's weighed down my knowledge so it ought to hurt >D )

Eventually, things get sorted out and she realizes she has enough money to buy a small apartment for herself and move out to live by herself.

Weaknesses: Her completely fail planning skills.
    Sometimes she would end up trying things that seemed perfectly correct in theory only to find out it didn't work as well as she thought.
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:36 am

FINALLY WE CAN GET STARTED
    Oh, right. Current situation report: Everyone is getting ready to head down to earth, while 2 members should stay behind to monitor the situation, or be sent down as reinforcements. Since you were the last one to post the character, you along with Magick were (by default) put on standby. You can go down with us if you want, but you should probably ask Xena (Firaga) first.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 am

Way to start the conflict with a BANG Nico....(Nuke to be exact).

Seekers can ALMOST post now....
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Hmm, I wonder whao that could be; It couldn't possibly be a Support weapon...

Oh yeah; who gets to play the villain(s) and mini-bosses? It wouldn't be very exciting if it were just mind-puzzles and logic...
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 pm

You will be fighting Calvin definitely. You can also oppose fellow members for your own benefit. You are evil after all...

EDIT: And Knowledge profile is accepted. Let's play ppl!
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:05 pm

FFFF

NO SERIOUSLY GUYS I'm sorry Nico but I have no idea how to reply to you D: I've written like three drafts now of what to do and am at a loss...

Anybody else got ideas? The roleplay died O_O
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Lols, just choose one and we'll respond to it. Have fun and do what you wish for your character!

I've always wanted to make Calvin an opponent rather than an ally...
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:06 pm

I suppose a post on how you get to earth, or something like that... the events do not have to necessarily link together, if the characters are not in proximity of each other.
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Let all the Seekers be antagonists.

That would make life easier. Do you want a Seeker from me?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm