Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Anime Club forums of PETHS!
Please read and follow the Forums Rules.

+7
Maddy-sama
Warren
MEKIseki
Sora
hideyoshi_yuki
Nico
Firaga777
11 posters

Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion

Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion

Post  Firaga777 Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Alright guys. The RP has offically started and a new thread is up. Any questions and discussions out of character (OOC) goes here.

And Nico....I understand your character is a robot....but lols....
    Maddy-sama
    Maddy-sama
    Veteran
    Veteran

Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Society 8 (accepting) OOC discussion

Post  Maddy-sama Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 pm

hoi hoi~ this sounds like fun.

So I'm like intensely busy with school this week and such, so do you mind if I reserve Nature? I'll put up my profile soon, I already have an idea for her. =D
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Unfortunately it's been Ninja'd by Meki, maybe a seeker?
    Maddy-sama
    Maddy-sama
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Maddy-sama Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:20 pm

knowledge? It shouldn't be. I got her to help me with it.
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Nature was reserved by Meki, but I didn't know it was reserved for you if it was, because the OP says Meki. Knowledge is not taken yet.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 pm

MEKIseki wrote:Hello,
    I'm still working on my profile, but can I reserve nature and dream?
    I'll have something up as soon as I finish my school applications. DX

She's got Nature and Dream but if I recieve confirmation from Meki, then I guess you can have Nature then.

Until then, I'll reserve Knowledge for you. We really dont need that much seekers. The society members can fight amoungst themselves.
    Maddy-sama
    Maddy-sama
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Maddy-sama Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

OH SHOOT I JUST REALIZED I WROTE NATURE INSTEAD OF KNOWLEDGE. LOL but yeah, I meant knowledge.

I'll get working on my profile.
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 pm

WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE SURE YOU NAME YOUR CHARACTER PATCHOULI.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Alright then.

ALL SOCIETY MEMBERS ARE TAKEN NOW.

THE SEEKER SPOTS WILL ALWAYS BE OPEN FOR EVERYONE!
    So if there are those who still wish to RP or have a chance to pwn a demi "god", then the seekers are here waiting for you.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Nico wrote:WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE SURE YOU NAME YOUR CHARACTER PATCHOULI.

WHY PATCHOULI?
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 pm

HER FIRST NAME IS KNOWLEDGE. AWESOME. TOUHOOOOOOOOO-
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:45 pm

I CALL GOOD.

HERE WE ARE, A SECOND PROFILE.

Name: Isabella Astraveras--shortened to Sable.

Age Range: 11.

Species: Some kind of fairy-child thing. Will explain below.

Appearance (Build, hair, skin, clothes...): A picture of Sable at 6-7 years old. Uh ignore the fire and sadness and focus on the kid? XD

Curly, warm brown hair, and really rich green eyes. She's only about... uh... like, 4 foot something, very short. Has small palms with long digits, a dimpled smile and loud voice for her small stature. She has dragonfly wings made of light--she made them herself, to enable flight and flexibility. Has a necklace from her mother, who she lost when she became the embodiment of Good.

Belongings: The clothes on her back, a few books, plenty of matches, a victorian doll named Greta.<--I'm not sure what the doll will do but hey, every little girl needs a doll Smile

Personality: Bubbly and gentle personality, usually sweet with a bit of sass, an okay-mature kid for her job. Sable is the always-look-on-the-bright-side kind of person, though she does succumb occasionally to despair. Likes eating sweets, very intolerant of alcohol, and all around tries to befriend every single other leader. Misses her parents terribly. Finds herself bullied, I think, but she's good at defending herself.

History: MOAR ANGST PLZ. No I'm kidding. Sable was raised by a single mother in Spain back when she was just a baby, and they moved near the Society's headquarters when she was very little. Her personality and optimism made her the perfect candidate for the job... though it cost her regular life and the previous Good had chosen her a little-less-than-wisely, when she was too young. She often doesn't get to play with kids her own age...

Skills, spells and abilities: Manipulation of various mediums... usually fire and electricity and a little bit of light (hence the wings). She has a knack for it; melting things is just her style. Light is in her ability to be bent, though she has little control over her own powers when she's threatened, as her fear spikes her obscure power into explosions of huge calibres. Her voice is also a power (not that she can sing beautifully or anything XD): Because she is Good, her voice automatically soothes anything she desires... makes it very useful to run away from things. She is also impervious to various elements like fire, water, earth, air, electricity, etc.

Mimickry for her is also good. If you have a certain spell that is performed physically, chances are she can copy you to an extent (e.g. if Nature used vine-whip (lol pokemon), she could summon a lesser-amount, weaker version that still functioned)

Weaknesses: Anything that will kill an organic being, I'm thinking: being shot, being maimed, etc. She is also prone to needing more sleep and more food than most of the others since she is so small, and the powers take a toll on her body. Also gets scared of most things that kids are scared of, such as large spiders and bitter medicine ^^;

^This is another frequently-used OC ^^; Let's play.

Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Better post your actions in the RP people. it's getting boring in there. Of course, not that I would care anyways...
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Looks fine and accepted!

Lol, the funny thing is that in the old Society 8 RP in a different forum, the old good was a 12 year old girl....lols.
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:52 pm

LOLI ALERT

Let's get this party started! Here we go!
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Lols, you post length could be shorter if you don't want to write that much, but I will look more professional!!!! lols.

Sora, you post is at a good length in my opinion, even if it did take some time (mines took roughly around 45 mins to 1 hour). I write like this so I can build my english writing skills and it sometimes help people visualize the RP like a good movie or game.

I've seen a different RPer who writes much less than us right now but has plenty of action, dialogue and stuff. She was straight forward rather than us who elaborate and bomb the RP with description.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:23 pm

.. XDD number one down....will add sketches later...

Name: Vivaldi
    Age Range: hundreds of years old...(with the mentality of a young teenager 8D )
    Appearance:
    Height: 5’5” (5’ when disguised as a human)
    Hair: light ashy blonde (dark brown ‘’)
    Skin: Fair
    Clothes: chest plate over a suit and a headdress (Sailor uniform as a human)
    Voice: Lyrical and reverberates.
    Belongings: A crystal staff

Personality: Naive, but good natured and innocent. Childish and dedicated to her duty.

History: She is a cherub, an angel who guards the Tree of Life, and the balance of nature. Though she has lived hundreds of years, she cannot remember much of her past and maintains the mentality of a young girl. She is lonely because she cannot remember how to go home and seeks love. She was chosen to protect nature because of her purity, and love for life and for her duty. (Can I assume that the balance is different to each role? If so, then Vivaldi interprets the Balance, of nature at least, as a metaphorical tree that grows within the psyche of every living thing.) Now that the balance is gone, Vivaldi is quite distraught.

Skills, spells and abilities:

Movement: Vivaldi can fly 8DD ahaha~ though not for long*, because her wings are undeveloped. She is ridiculously agile during flight but retains the average speed of a human on land.

Spells: Vivaldi carries a staff with which she can cast spells based on light. She predominantly uses her magic to preserve a force field around the “tree of life” (or to perhaps preserve a love for the Earth in people’s hearts?). Because her spells are light-based, she has high immunity to darkness and can purify evil. She can use similar techniques (with which she binds energy/light to form solids) to create various weapons and shields. Despite the versatility of her magic and the wide possible range of weapons, Vivaldi prefers to wield a spear and a shield if the situation allows it.
    *however, by using this technique, Vivaldi can create extensions for her wings to increase speed and sustain flight for longer periods of time

Weaknesses: As most of her energy reserves are dedicated to a force field, the strength of her spells as well as her endurance is severely weakened (not so that Vivaldi cannot fight....just not at full steam xDD). Vivaldi’s physical strength is lacking as she relies on her magic and agility. Vivaldi is young (at heart, at least) and naive. She often makes poor decisions despite her good nature and requires guidance.

EDIT: Merged double-post. -Nico

....I HOPE THAT THOSE RP POSTS CAN BE SHORTER....;_____;
    those wall of texts frighten me....quite thoroughly.
    I...prefer fast paced rp xDDDD....kind of like reading some light novels(err...of the Japanese variation).
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:14 pm

@Meki.

That looks ok and now I think you "purifying evil" would be great help against Nico....*coughcough*Shale*cough*.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:34 pm

( ☆∀☆)/ Like a Star @ heaven [=========ビーム~~~~!!

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

....preview of maddy's rp chara....
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:04 pm

@MEKI

Heeeeeeeey can Sable call Vivaldi Vivi or some other short, cute name? XD
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Om Nom Nom....Sir Om Nom Nom.....

Quick Update in the RP: Most of the Society members are in the meeting room. A human-sized Gundam represents Evil, A ancient but young-looking girl represents Nature, another young girl (loli alert...lols) as Good, A long-haired emo dude as Nightmare (fitting...) and their leader: an elegant teen/otaku girl. Waiting for other members to start.

(Edited) The member of Magic has arrived! Leaves Dream and Knowledge...

Seekers will be able to post soon when the remaining members have their turn.

(How do you like your planet's fate at their hands?)

Note: Seekers, actually when the meeting between Society Members have started and when Xena fully introduces the problem, then it makes sense that you can start posting. I'll post Xena as well as Calvin in 1 post and from there, Seekers are free to start.
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:17 pm

DREAMMMM~

Name: Micah (after the glittering quality of the mineral, mica)
    Age Range: 19
    Appearance (Build, hair, skin, clothes...):
    Build: roughly 5’8 and fairly slim
    Hair: Straight, brown and of a medium length.
    Skin: pale, as he doesn’t get much sun
    Clothes: Wears casual clothing (ex plain t-shirts and jeans) with subdued colours. Likes layering.....and scarves. He wears a ring strung on a chain given to him by Vivaldi as a sort of protection charm.

Belongings:...his clothes (including his ring).....and a bike!

Personality:
    Generally shy , but outgoing with his friends. He is not an angsty boy, to say the least xD. He is optimistic, but realistic and understands the gravity of his duty and his abilities. He is considerate and respectful of others and their identities.

History:
    He has been an esper since childhood, but his powers have been growing as he ages. He first realized he was an esper when he discovered he could enter the dreams of those he slept next to.
    He is a fine arts major. He thought about taking Psychology, but realized he knew more about the human mind than he could ever possibly hope to learn at a university.
    Now that the balance is missing, he finds that people are losing their sense of realism or are becoming apathetic.

Relationships:
    As the one who governs Dream, he is constantly aware of Nightmare. Because he spends a lot of time wandering the human psyche, he fears him for his powers to deceive the mind. Despite this, he holds Nightmare in high regard and finds his personality likable.
    He met Vivaldi while she was tending to the Tree of Life and they became good friends. Vivaldi has blessed him (in the form of a ring) to protect him from losing his sense of reality. He acts as a sort of older brother figure to her.
    Knowledge is his childhood friend.

Skills, spells and abilities:
    He can enter the dreams of others and force people into his own or another person’s dream. He can force unconsciousness on others.
    He is a master of illusions due to his high understanding of the human mind.
    Because he spends his time wandering through the human psyche instead of sleeping, he has “lived” longer than others and has had more time to hone his skills. Consequently, he has advanced spatial visualization skills which allow him to create detailed environments in his dreams/illusions (which he is quite skilful in manipulating). He can create illusions in real life too, but he prefers not to, in order to keep the line between reality and dream distinct.
    Because he can explore the human mind, he has the ability to erase, change, discover, or implant ideas and memories (though he’d prefer not to).

Weaknesses:
    Micah has the average physical strength of a human and is severely underpowered in comparison to other society members (though he can pretend to be a powerhouse using illusions ahaha). Micah is soft-at-heart and hesitates in hurting others, so his only contributions to battle will be indirect (ex. Creating a safe environment for battle, spying).
    People can certainly die, at least mentally, in dreams (if they delve deep enough in the psyche). Anything that might disturb his sense of reality may be a threat (ex. Nightmare).
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:36 pm

The power of the Mind...Accepted then!

Now only waiting for Knowledge...
    Sora
    Sora
    Co-Administrator
    Co-Administrator

Post  Sora Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 pm

@ Meki

OMG MICAH IS LIKE INCEPTION BUT TEN TIMES COOLER 8D
    MEKIseki
    MEKIseki
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  MEKIseki Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Sora wrote:@ Meki

OMG MICAH IS LIKE INCEPTION BUT TEN TIMES COOLER 8D

LOL EXCEPT HE'S FABULOUS

ALSO

I was wondering how the society members are paired off? because I understand that each of them have their counterparts....

right now, I'm thinking

Time + Knowledge (the diff between wisdom and knowledge? xD)
    Magick + Nature
    Good + Evil
    Dream + Nightmare

Please correct me if this is wrong 8/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 pm