Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Anime Club forums of PETHS!
Please read and follow the Forums Rules.

+6
Maddy-sama
ShikiNeko
KalvinL7
InuoeK
Nico
Warren
10 posters

Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode)

Warren
    Warren

Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode) Empty Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode)

Post  Warren Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 am

Gosh i'm the first post here. Anyways probably most of you can't afford the time to play games due to school work and such. But anyways this is here to suggest online games and console games.
    Online Games:
    Fist of Fu- Story is terrible, Game is okay. Sad Rip Off, still it's worth a try.
    Vindictus- Amazing Gameplay and Amazing Graphics. It lags like hell, try it out if you have a fancy computer
    Grand Chase- Like Fist of Fu and just as cheesy, similar gameplay.
    Latale- It's Okay, kind of like maplestory but fancier and theirs a story (pretty bad)
    Perfect World- Amazing Graphics, Totally on drugs, it's worth a try but it's still pretty generic.
    Roblox- If you enjoy trolling, this is the game. Most of the community is filled with 8-11 year olds. The game is completely user based meaning own games and creating own clothing. However a lot of this requires to actually pay.
    Divine Souls- Like Vindictus, less realistic and more arcade like. Worth a try when game comes out.
    Tales Runner- Racing game on foot, it's honestly pretty fun and takes a decent amount of skill.
    S4 League- Futuristc shooter, very fun, lots of complainer and whiners. Worth a try
    Any First Person Shooter- If you don't feel like paying to play fancy ps3 shooters, might as well pick one of these up. Their all the same so any works.
    Atlantica Online- Like Final Fantasy, if you like rpgs, try it.
    Osu!- Fun rhythm game, you can play your favourite anime songs, did i mention there's vocaloid? Problem is to play online with friends everyone in the same room needs the map. I still play every now and then.
    Aika-is a fairly new mmo [released sometime before summer methinks] and has an interesting 'pran' system [A Loli that follows you around, if you will] (From InuoeK)
    Shaiya-is kinda like a WoW rip off but it'll help shave off a week or two (From InuoeK)
    Rumble Fighter-It's a game where you fight other players fist to fist. You can custom your character's look, fighting style and job (something like that). (From Shiki)
    Lunia-Select your character and play through the story line. This is kinda like a dungeon hack and slash game. (From Shiki)
    DarkFall and/or Mortal Online- Its a sandbox mmo, basically its open pvp and open loot so you can loot peoples corpses, you can also tame mounts from wild animals, build cities, ships etc. (From Kalvin)
    Lost Saga-A team deathmatchlike game with different classes. Also has a variety of game modes and mini games (InoueK)
    League of Legends: Made by same makers of DoTA, basically an RTS game where you control a champion and try to destroy the other team's main tower (the nexus).
    NosTale: It's a cute mmo, chibis, very typical. You get these "cards" which allow you to transform into a stronger char for a limited time.
    Maplestory: 8D If anyone still plays, they have so many awesome classes now.(Maddy)
    Minecraft; The alpha version is like a survival RPG without any storyline, and is fun to play multiplayer with. Basically you wander around, mining and crafting things, and it's like ROBLOX, but with block interaction, water, lava and NPCs. It costs a few bucks, and the price is going to rise when Notch-sama implements the beta release. You should really give it a look. (Nico)
    Console Games:
    EVERY SINGLE TALES OF GAME- Get them, now.
    Kingdom Hearts Series- Pretty fun, really worth a try.
    Ape Escape Series- Awesome, it's unique and fun.
    Star Fox Series- DO A BARREL ROLL.
    Super Mario Galaxy One and Two- The best platformer you'll ever play.
    Mario Cart- Fun with friends.
    Smash bros series- Really fun with friends.
    BlazBlue- It's an anime inspired fighting game. Pretty fun.
    And that's about it. Feel free to add more and express your own opinion.
    Others:
    MUGEN (customizable fighting game engine) is also pretty neat because you can make your own and rip your favourite ones rom various fighting games, but the lack of development means it's hard to find the characters you like from other fighting games.(From Nico)
    A.C.S - Recently got into this. It's a fan made fighting tales game. It's pretty fun when you know what you're doing but you have to figure everything by yourself or search up a guide. It's still currently updating so if you're a tales fan give it a try Very Happy
    Bad Games
    Flyff: Yeah, I just didn't like it.
    Ether Saga: ...holy crap, that was... special. I opened it once, never again, so confusing, tedious, etc.
    Digimon: OMG, I was like omg, a digimon game, sounds awesome. 8D;;
    Yeahh.... I dled it when it first came out, so it really didn't have much content. It might've gotten better now. Not sure. But the battles got tedious after a while. (Maddy)

Last edited by Warren on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode) Empty Re: Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode)

Post  Nico Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:49 pm

I kinda sucks how nowadays ROBLOX only has a few note-able games, all of which are in the 'R.I.P' quarter of the featured games list. Now it's mostly games like 'ride [insert random vehicle here] to VIP' and 'build to survive [insert random thing here]' and 'Who killed [insert Justin Bieber here] obby' and so on. I just started to play it again after a 2-year hiatus, only to find out that the only new thing that interests me is the currency exchange; you can now get currency that used to be paid with another currency that comes when people visit your place, logging in, etc. I remember when there were good games, but there aren't any anymore.

MUGEN (customizable fighting game engine) is also pretty neat because you can make your own and rip your favourite ones rom various fighting games, but the lack of development means it's hard to find the characters you like from other fighting games.
    Warren
    Warren

Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode) Empty Re: Games Worth Playing (To kill time while waiting for the next episode)

Post  Warren Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:59 pm

I still play every now and then. The community really sucks now though, most complain or whine about random stuff. For example: Someone got mad because i couldn't give them a vip weapon. Nobody helps each other out anymore. But on that note, thanks for the suggestion Smile
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:36 pm

I would like to add Aika online and Shaiya to the list Smile
    Aika is a fairly new mmo (released sometime before summer methinks) and has an interesting 'pran' system (A Loli that follows you around, if you will)

And Shaiya is kinda like a WoW rip off but it'll help shave off a week or two
    KalvinL7
    KalvinL7

Post  KalvinL7 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:51 am

ROFL i can't believe this, there are actually other people my age that play ROBLOX, well I used to play but I quit videogames, haven't played one since the beginning of last summer break. Oh btw, if you are going to play a mmo play darkfall or mortal online, they are the best mmos ever
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShikiNeko Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 am

Vindictus is just awesome lol. I would play it if I have a better computer and more free time~

Maybe you can add Rumble Fighter to the list. It's a game where you fight other players fist to fist. You can custom your character's look, fighting style and job (something like that).

Lunia: Select your character and play through the story line. This is kinda like a dungeon hack and slash game.

Combat Arm: FPS game by Nexon. I suck at those kind of game so yeah...

Btw anyone heard about a game called Survival Project? It was such a fun game that got shut down... T_T
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:25 am

ShikiNeko wrote:
    Btw anyone heard about a game called Survival Project? It was such a fun game that got shut down... T_T

Yes, I played it a few times and loved it.. shame it's gone now :/
    Warren
    Warren

Post  Warren Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:09 am

@Kalvin i need more info, just saying it's good doesn't cut it. Just tell a little about detail. For any console games you don't need a description lol.
    KalvinL7
    KalvinL7

Post  KalvinL7 Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:18 am

Warren wrote:@Kalvin i need more info, just saying it's good doesn't cut it. Just tell a little about detail. For any console games you don't need a description lol.

Its a sandbox mmo, basically its open pvp and open loot so you can loot peoples corpses, you can also tame mounts from wild animals, build cities, ships eitc.
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Here's another one:

Lost Saga: A team deathmatchlike game with different classes. Also has a variety of game modes and mini games.
    Maddy-sama
    Maddy-sama
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Maddy-sama Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:00 am

Awh man, I used to be obsessed with Shaiya. LOL i spent sooo much time on it, and found friends on Vent. XD

Aika is kinda cute, clerics are loli's. With loli's following them. 8D The pran system is the only interesting thing about it though, I played it for a week or so, very very typical. It made me miss shaiya. XD

Vindictus was pretty darn cool, the gameplay was pretty fun too. and the graphics are just akldjasljdopaeaksdnbas spectacular for a free online mmo.

I know Dragonica has a similar gameplay experience, like, less point and click. It's fun for a bit.

I couldn't stand Lunia for some reason.

OMG I remember survival project! so many people very playing for the longest time!

There's also S4 League: A third person shooter where you're put into teams and compete with the other in various matches.

League of Legends: Made by same makers of DoTA, basically an RTS game where you control a champion and try to destroy the other team's main tower (the nexus).

NosTale: It's a cute mmo, chibis, very typical. You get these "cards" which allow you to transform into a stronger char for a limited time.

And there's always Maplestory! 8D If anyone still plays, they have so many awesome classes now.

**And here are some games I tried and didn't like.

Flyff: Yeah, I just didn't like it.
    Ether Saga: ...holy crap, that was... special. I opened it once, never again, so confusing, tedious, etc.
    Digimon: OMG, I was like omg, a digimon game, sounds awesome. 8D;;
    Yeahh.... I dled it when it first came out, so it really didn't have much content. It might've gotten better now. Not sure. But the battles got tedious after a while.

LOL. So there are lots more. But that's all I can think of at the moment. XD Have funn.

Kizzle

Post  Kizzle Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:46 pm

vindictus doesnt really need a good computer. my computer is 4 years old. really broken down. i just set the graphics of lowest, and it runs fine.

i suggest everyone play and join my friends guild
    mo0
    mo0

Post  mo0 Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 pm

my computer is 3 years old running the game on max and not lagging... that badly.
    but without the AA and anisotropic filters i run it very well.
    Kahnume

Post  Kahnume Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:31 pm

lol yea vindictus is awesome, it gets boring after a while but still fun.

and well while im at it, ill add Plants vs. Zombies cuz well u dont need an extremely good comp, its simple and lastly ITS SO ADDICTING xP especially survival endless
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Vindictus is fun with friends..
    Actually, ALL games are fun when you play it with friends Smile
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Try Minecraft; The alpha version is like a survival RPG without any storyline, and is fun to play multiplayer with. Basically you wander around, mining and crafting things, and it's like ROBLOX, but with block interaction, water, lava and NPCs. It costs a few bucks, and the price is going to rise when Notch-sama implements the beta release. You should really give it a look.
    Darkdays
    Darkdays

Post  Darkdays Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Add Persona series for RPG. It's like Final fantasy basically, but set in the modern world. You also get Gal game like features in the game, which can help you in battle (Raising a link between you and another person will let you do combination attacks, or they can take a lethal hit for your main character who, if dies, will result in a game over)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:17 pm