Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Anime Club forums of PETHS!
Please read and follow the Forums Rules.

+5
durararararararararara
OokamiUkiyu
InuoeK
Kyouko_Nyanko
ShikiNeko
9 posters

Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary

Poll

Meeting Day

[ 6 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap18%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap12%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap21%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap18%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap6%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap12%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [12%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_lcap6%Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 2 ]

Total Votes: 33
    Poll closed
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary Empty Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary

Post  ShikiNeko Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Meeting Agenda:
    Meeting Summary:

Hey guys!

Sorry for the slow update, I had my hands full for the past few days and didn't have any time to edit this post. But here it is!

So for our first meeting, we introduced all the executives:
    Si-Jia ; ShikiNeko - President
    Sophia ; Sora - Vice
    Chuchu ; Rabbit_L - Vice
    Sue ; Shuueshi - Vice
    Emily ; RinaStar - Vice

If you have any concerns about the club, don't hesitate to ask any of us!

----------------------------

We also reminded the members to sign up on the forum and to activate their account. It is necessary to enter your name (preferably) or initials with your grade in the About Me section of your Profile page. If you do not know how to do it, make sure you ask any of the admins for assistance.

Forum Safety Precautions:
    - Make sure you know the person you are talking to before meeting them in real life. I know that everyone on this forum are a student of PETHS. But sometimes without knowing it, strangers can sneak in without us noticing. That is why we ask every members to take precautions before meeting anyone on this forum OUTSIDE of school. And if you suspect of anyone being a non-PETHS student, by all mean report to us immediately!

- We have rules on this forum that must be followed. It is to avoid problems with the school and parents. We made this club in order for it to last and not to close down few weeks after because of an individual that decided not to follow the rules. Keep in mind that this is a forum frequented by people of the age 13~18. Not everyone are of age for inappropriate imagery or video contents. In order to keep the forum clean, I ask everyone to respect the rules. If not, actions will be taken against any disagreeable acts.

Meeting Days:
    We have decided that Thursday is a definite day for Anime Club Meetings. However we are still deciding on the day where the second meeting can take place. After counting one by one the number of people available for each days, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are possible options for the second meeting.

Monday: 41
    Tuesday: 25
    Wednesday: 30
    Thursday: 36
    Friday: 36

Our current problem is that Mrs. Heisler is unable to be our advisor for Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. So we will have to find another teacher that will be willing to advise our club for whichever day we decide for the second meeting to happen (excluding Thursdays and Wednesdays).

Fundraising:
    - We will be selling all sort of things in order to raise money for the club's need.
    E.g. Bake sales, Buttons, Bookmarks, Commissions, etc.

- The priority that the school has on particular clubs, the anime club is rather low on the food chain of “clubs to keep”. Therefore, fundraising is important for the survival of the club.

- With the income we get from our abilities, we will be able to host events such as Maid Café, Workshops, materials for the club, etc.

Concerning Anime North:
    - This can be considered our ultimate goal. However, it is really hard to make it happen. If we ever happen to go, parents should know where their children are going. This cannot be a school field trip because the school will be responsible for every single one of us if we go there. Not to mention how chaotic conventions are, if something happens the school will be held responsible.

- To avoid causing trouble for the school, we will have to go there on our own and to our parent's agreement that it has nothing to do with our school. We can always go there as a group of friends and not a club. Anyway, we will have to see what becomes of it.

Talked About the Anime Club History:
    - Originally, I along with the other vices tried to start this club back in grade 10. We submitted the form but never got any reply back. So we submitted a second form and still had no luck. We gave up after the second try because it was already time for second semester and starting a club will be way to late.

- I heard from one of my friend who is part of the Student Council that the old Anime Club was banned due to some trouble (I'll leave that to your imagination) which explained the difficulties of starting it again.

- This year, right when school started I began to re-plan the come back of the Anime and TADAH~!!! We made everyone! ALL HAIL THE ANIME CLUB?!

Played Games:
    - We started off with an AMV that has a mix of a total of 50 Animes including visual novel games. Members had to watch the whole AMV and remember as much anime they could from that video. Everyone were basically lost except for a few members. Yi Ping (our GFX-Team member) was able to name the most by himself. I think Sophia didn't give him the prize yet.

Anyway here is the awesome AMV:

- Then we played an introduction game which ended up really loud and...awkward. No one could hear each other so we all began to yell. So we ended up not knowing anyone. I guess we need to redo the introductions on the next meeting where members have to stand up and introduce themselves one by one. Hurray~!

With that said, our first meeting ended!

Last edited by ShikiNeko on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 am; edited 5 times in total
    Kyouko_Nyanko
    Kyouko_Nyanko

Location : File Island and Death City. Can't forget Pallet Town :)

Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary Empty Re: Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary

Post  Kyouko_Nyanko Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 pm

uhm basically I can do thursday (always), wednesday (sometimes, cause of production), Monday (sometimes cause of Musical Theatre (which idk about yet anyway)),...yeah.

or morning are good Smile fresh start with some anime haha!

but i think rotated is the best, considering how everybody can't decide on a day.
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary Empty Re: Thursday Oct. 28, 2010 - Meeting Summary

Post  InuoeK Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Anytime except Tuesday.
    OokamiUkiyu
    OokamiUkiyu
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post  OokamiUkiyu Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:30 pm

im fine with any day execpt for thursday cause of rep

also for this next meeting can you post whatever you talk about on the forum for the people who cannot attend like me (stupid deca)
    durararararararararara
    durararararararararara

Post  durararararararararara Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 am

i can't go in thursday D:
    im only free on wednesday and maybe tuesday...
    hideyoshi_yuki
    hideyoshi_yuki

Post  hideyoshi_yuki Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 am

DECA is on Thursday, so I can't go on Thursday.

Mornings are good, provided that it is not too early...at least wait until the sun is visible?
    OokamiUkiyu
    OokamiUkiyu
    Honored Member
    Honored Member

Post  OokamiUkiyu Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:44 am

hideyoshi_yuki wrote:DECA is on Thursday, so I can't go on Thursday.

Mornings are good, provided that it is not too early...at least wait until the sun is visible?

yeesssss a fellow deca mamber what is your event
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Room? I'd think it's the same one as before (220?), but we don't seem to have a permanent base of operations yet.
    ShikiNeko
    ShikiNeko
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ShikiNeko Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Nico wrote:Room? I'd think it's the same one as before (220?), but we don't seem to have a permanent base of operations yet.

Oops! Yeah, it is in room 220. Don't worry today I submitted an announcement so hopefully people will listen to the morning announcement tomorrow...
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Nico wrote:Room? I'd think it's the same one as before (220?), but we don't seem to have a permanent base of operations yet.

Yeah, what Nico said. What room is it in?

You just got Ninja'd. -Nico

Last edited by Nico on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ninja'd)
    Essences*
    Essences*
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post  Essences* Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Firaga777 wrote:

this needs a like button.
    Firaga777
    Firaga777
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  Firaga777 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Firaga777 wrote:

Me quoting myself and you using your mod powers to tell me I just got ninja'ed?

Man, when I saw your blue line of mod-judgement, I was like WTF? did I do something wrong????
    Nico
    Nico
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Post  Nico Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Which reminds me; did you have your browsing settings set so that when someone makes a new post, you are asked to revise the post? It is actually very useful to avoid awkward situations like being Ninja'd. I just made 'Ninja'd' a verb.
    InuoeK
    InuoeK
    Respected Member
    Respected Member

Post  InuoeK Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

We should go suggest the word ninja'd to the oxford dictionary

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:33 pm